Gerardo Fernandez Escribano
Escuela de Ingenieros Industriales
Departamento de Sistemas Informáticos
EPSA Avda. de España s/n
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha
For more information, please click here.
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo, "Standard Compression Video" - Study of Video Coding Standards MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.264
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo, "Computer Networks" - Interconnection of Computer Networks: Cluster Configuration for the Transmission of Video Sequences
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo, "Video Transcoding" - Change the Coding of a Video Sequence in Real Time
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo, "Transmission of Video" - Reducing the Bandwidth Consumed in Transmitting a Video Signal.
- "Supercomputer: Module Formed by 20 Servers with Storage Device", Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, 01/01/2008 through 11/30/2008
- "Improving the Performance in Multimedia Communications", Ministry of Education and Science, 05/09/2006 through 05/08/2009
- "Improving the Performance of Coding Systems and Transport of MPEG-4 Video on an UEP IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Network", Ministry of Science and Technology, 01/01/2003 through 12/31/2005
- Martinez Martinez, Jose Luis; W.A. R.J., Weerakkody; Wa. C. Fernandez; Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo; Kalva, Hari; Garrido del Solo, Antonio Jose, "Distributed Video Coding using Turbo Tellis Coded Modulation", The Visual Computer, (ISSN 0178-2789), Springer, 2009.
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo; Kalva, Hari; Cuenca Castillo, Pedro Angel; Orozco Barbosa, Luis; Garrido del Solo, Antonio Jose, "A Fast MB Mode Decision Algorithm for MPEG-2 to H264 P-Frame Transcoding", IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, (ISSN 1051-8215), United States, 2008. 172 – 185.
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo; Cuenca Castillo, Pedro Angel; Orozco Barbosa, Luis, "A First Approach to Speeding up the Inter-Mode Selection in Machine Learning using MPEG-2/H.264 Transcoders", Multimedia Tools and Applications, (ISSN 1380-7501), Springer Netherlands, Vol. 35. Netherlands, (2007). 225-240.
- Fernandez Escribano, Gerardo; Cuenca Castillo, Pedro Angel; Orozco Barbosa, Luis; Garrido del Solo, Antonio Jose, "FIMDA: A Fast Intra-Frame Mode Decision Algorithm for Transcoding MPEG-2/H.264”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3708. Germany: Springer-Verlang, 2005. 427 – 434.
"PIRE... provides our students with the kind of
direct international experience and training that will
prepare them for careers in an increasingly competitive
Dr. Modesto Maidique
President Emeritus, Florida International University
"PIRE...will enable the next generation of
students participants to become fully engaged as members of
the globally-aware IT workforce.""
Dr. Nicholas Bowen
Vice President of Strategy and Worldwide
Operations, IBM Research
"We look forward to hosting students researchers
... to foster our existing collaborations and create new
Mateo Valero Cortés
Director, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
"I was able to develop quite a bit as a person, researcher, and professional."
"Being able to learn elements directly related to my project, the likes and dislikes of another culture, and be able to communicate in a different language are all aspects related to the PIRE program for which I will always be grateful."
"It helps you build confidence that the degree you hold will enable you to tackle any problem, and, more importantly, it lets you experience the job before committing your life to it."