Rm 3-412, FIT Building,
Operating System and Middleware R&D Center,
Research Institute of Information Technologies,
Tsinghua University, Beijing,
P. R. China, 100084
Phone: 86-10-62771796 Email:email@example.com
Ongoing Research Projects
- Software infrastructure
- Software component technology
- Grid computing
- Pervasive computing
- Parallel and distributed computing includes algorithm design, implementation, testing and evaluation.
- Development of numerical methods and software of solving the problems arisen from the mathematical model of applications, especially those involving the large sparse matrix computation.
- Adaptive software integration environment for pervasive computing, by National High-Tech Research and Development Program of China (863 program), No. 2006AA01Z198.
- Fundamental problems in integrated materials design for the improvement of properties, by National Basic Research Program of China (973 program), No. 006CB605102.
- Component based software framwork for pervasive computing, by Basic Research Foundation of Tsinghua National Laboratory for Information Science and Technology.
PhD in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994.
MS in Computer Science, Tsinghua University, 1984.
BS in Computer Science, Tsinghua University, 1982.
2004—Now: Research Institute of Information Technology, Tsinghua University, China.
Teach: Introduction to high performance computing, Programming methodology.
Research: operating systems and middleware, Cyber infrastructure, component technologies, programming methodologies, scientific computing, numerical linear algebra, parallel algorithms.
1995—2003: Computer Science Department, Tsinghua University, China.
Teach: Cluster computing, Parallel algorithms, Formal language and automata, Introduction to high performance computing, Programming methodology.
Research: networked multi-computer systems, parallel algorithms, environment for scientific computing, distributed algorithms for linear algebra.
1993—1995: Postdoctoral research associate of Computer Science, Indiana University.
Research: parallel algorithms in CFD, numerical linear Algebra.
1990—1993 and 1987—1988: Research Assistant in Computer Science, PhD. Candidate, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Parallel numerical algorithms, sparse matrix techniques. computer applications in electronic circuit design.
1984—1985 and 1988—1989: Lecturer of Computer Science, Tsinghua University, China.
Teach: Graph theory, Combinatorial algorithms, Discrete mathematics.
Research: parallel algorithms, combinatorial algorithms, cryptography, computer security.
1985—1986: Visiting Scholar in Center for Supercomputing Research and Development, University of Illinois. Research in computer aided VLSI design, including curcuit simulation, logic simulation and device simulation.
- X.Wang, Incomplete factorization preconditioning for linear least squares problems Ph.D. thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1993.
- R. Bramley, X. Wang, D. Pelletier, Orthogonalization based iterative methods for generalized stokes problems, in Solution techniques for large scale CFD problems, W.G. Habashi, ed., Centre de Recherce en Calcul Applique, 1995, pp. 217-238.
- X. Wang, K. A. Gallivan, R. Bramley, CIMGS: An incomplete orthogonalization preconditioner, SIAM J. Sci. Comp. Vol. 18, No. 2, March,1997 .
- Xiang Yu, Xiaoge Wang, DATIS: A Data Transfer Interface for SPMD Programs of Scientific Computing, in the proceedings of the 8th SIAM conference on parallel processing for scientific computing, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, March, 1997.
- Xiaoge Wang, Porting a Thermal Engineering Application Program onto a cluster of computers, in the proceedings of International Workshop on Computational Science and Engineering, Hefei, China, May, 1997.
- Jie Meng, Xiaoge Wang, Sanli Li, THPI--Performance Tool in Networked Parallel Computing Environment, in the proceedings of International Workshop on Computational Science and Engineering, Hefei, China, May, 1997.
- K. Wang, M. Dai, X. Wang, J. Meng, L. Ding, C. Yang, Acquisition of information based on network computing mode and Java technology, Journal of Tsinghua University (Sci & Tech), Vol. 38, No. S1, April 1998.
- Meng J, Wang XG, Web-based interactive management and performance monitoring of networked parallel computing Environment,in Proceedings of Asia Pacific Web Conference on Web Technologies and Applications(APWeb98), Sep.27-30,1998,P281-286.
- Chen Y, Wang XG, Jiao ZQ, Xie J, Du ZH, Li SL, MyVIA: A design and implementation of the high performance virtural interface architecture, in Proceedings of IEEE International Confernece on Cluster Computing 2002, Sep.23-26, 2002,P160-167.
- An Xinghua, Wang Xiaoge, Du Zhihui, Liu Dingsheng, Li Guoqing, Fine-grained parallel algorithm for remote sensing image mosaics for cluster system, Qinghua Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Tsinghua University, v 42, no. 10, October, 2002, p 1389-1392
- Fang Xing, Wang Xiaoge, Li Sanli, He Chuan, A study on task scheduling in computational Grid, Procesedings of 6th joint conference on information science, March 8-12, 2002, Research Park, North Carolina, USA, Page 215-219
- Du Jiang, Zhou Niansheng, Du Zhihui, Wang Xiaoge, A WS_inspection based decentralizaed service discovery service in OGSA, International Conference on Communication Technology Proceedings, ICCT2003, Beijing, China, April 9-11,2003, Page 1691-1697
- Xiaoge Wang, Experience in Service-Oriented High Performance Computing, in Proceedings of International Conference of Parallel Algorithms and Computing Environments (ICPACE 2003), October 8-11, 2003, Hong Kong.pp 131-134.
- Fang, Xing; Wang, Xiaoge; He, Chuan; Feng, Kuan, Message middleware for cluster management systems, Qinghua Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Tsinghua University, v 44, no. 1, January, 2004, p 41-44
- Zhen Wei, Lu Jiang, Wang Xiaoge, Chen Rong, A New Component Oriented Programming Technology for Embeded Development, Advances in Embeded Software and System, Science Press, ISBN 7-03-014681-6, P569-570
- Xu Yongjun, Chen Yu, Wang Xiaoge, Design and Implementation of an Agile Kernel Compoment Runtime, in Proceedings of ICESS2005, pp 73-80.
- Du Zhao, Wang Xiaoge, ChenYu, An Overview of Reflective Middleware, Journal of Computer Research and Development, 42(12):2041-2047, 2005.
- Zhang Kuo, Wu Yanni, Zheng Zhenkun, Wang Xiaoge, Chen Yu, A Component based Reflective Middleware Approach to Context-Aware Adaptive System, in Proceedings of ICWE2005, LNCS 3579, pp429-434.
- Zhang Kuo; Wang Xiaoge; Wu Yanni; Zheng Zhenkun, PURPLE: a reflective middleware for pervasive computing, Proceedings. Third International Conference on Information Technology and Applications : vol.1 P64-69 vol.1, 2005
- Wu, YN, Zhang, K, Wang, XG, et al.Extending metadata with scenarios in adaptive distributed system, Proceedings of Third International Conference on Information Technology and Applications, Vol 2, P63-68 2005.
- Gang Feng, Qingxuan Yin, Xiaoge Wang THAOP: An aspect oriented programming framework, Proceedings of 1st international symposium on pervasive computing and application, 2006, ISBN 1-4244-0325-1, IEEE Press, 2006, P127-132.
- Qingxuan Yin, Gang Feng, Xiaoge Wang, Incease Reliability of pervasive oriented component platform via N-version, Proceedings of 1st international symposium on pervasive computing and application, 2006, ISBN 1-4244-0325-1, IEEE Press, 2006, P95-98.
- Yanni Wu, Kuo Zhang, Xiaoge Wang, Jinlan Tian, Extending metadata with scenarios in adaptive distributed system, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 30 (2007), P1283-1294.
- Yin, Q., Wang, X., THCORE:A parallel computation services model and runtime system, 2007, in IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, Volume 239, Grid-Based Problem Solving Environments, eds. Gaffney, P. W., Pool, J. C.T., (Boston: Springer), pp 179-192.
"PIRE... provides our students with the kind of
direct international experience and training that will
prepare them for careers in an increasingly competitive
Dr. Modesto Maidique
President Emeritus, Florida International University
"PIRE...will enable the next generation of
students participants to become fully engaged as members of
the globally-aware IT workforce.""
Dr. Nicholas Bowen
Vice President of Strategy and Worldwide
Operations, IBM Research
"We look forward to hosting students researchers
... to foster our existing collaborations and create new
Mateo Valero Cortés
Director, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
"I was able to develop quite a bit as a person, researcher, and professional."
"Being able to learn elements directly related to my project, the likes and dislikes of another culture, and be able to communicate in a different language are all aspects related to the PIRE program for which I will always be grateful."
"It helps you build confidence that the degree you hold will enable you to tackle any problem, and, more importantly, it lets you experience the job before committing your life to it."