- High Performance Computing
- Grid Computing
- Parallel Algorithm
- Task and Message Scheduling
- MPI Programming
- Parallel Applications
- User Level Communication/Virtual Interface Architecture
- HPF Compiler
- Cluster System and Management Software
- Grid Task Scheduling
- Grid QoS
- Grid Information Organization and Discovery
- Grid Applications
- 2001/8-now , Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
- 2000/5-2001/7, Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
- 1998/9-2000/4, Postdoctor, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua Univ.
- Courses for Graduate Students:
- 2003-now, Grid Computing
2002-now, Parallel Programming Technology in Computational Science and Engineering
- Courses for Undergraduate Students:
- 2004-now, Network Programming and Computing Technology
2001-2002, Subject on Information Technology Application
- In Distributed and Parallel Computing field, my contributions cover one book, 10 projects and 30 papers from 1992 to now.
- In Grid Computing field, my contributions cover two books, 8 projects and 20 papers from 2000 to now.
1995.9-1998.7 Ph.D. in Computer Science and Technology, Peking University
- Dissertation: Design and Development of an HPF(High Performance Fortran) Compiler System, collaborating with NPAC of Syracuse University and Harbin Institute of Technology
1992.9-1995.7 M.S. in Computer Science and Technology, Peking University
- Thesis: Earthquake Prediction Visualization Algorithm and Tool, collaborating with Chinese Earthquake Bureau
1988.9-1992.7 B.S. in Computer Science and Technology, Tianjin University
- Thesis: Automatic translation from Chinese To English in an MRP II system
Honors and Awards
First Level Technology Advance Award of ShenZhen City.Rank(2), 2004
First Level Technology Advance Award of Shanghai City, Rank(3), 2001
Tsinghhua.s Friend--Excellent Teacher Award, Rank(1), 2001
Second Level Technology Advance Award of Ministry of Education, Rank(4), 2000
Projects and Grants
High Performance Computing Related Projects and Grants
- National Nature Science Foundation of China Project. Nodes Clustering based Hierarchical Message Scheduling Model and Algorithm, 2008.1-2008.12, Grant No. 60773148. Project Director
- Beijing Natural Sciences Foundation. Research on Building Giganet/SAN Hardware and Software System, 2004.1-2006.12,Grant No.4042018. Project Director
- HDJK-32 High Performance Cluster System, Built for HeBei University. 2003.10-2004.7. Project Director
- Tsinghua University Information School Foundation. Parallel Simulated Annealing Algorithm Research, 1999.10-2002.9. Project Director
- HuaWei Company Sci&Tech Foundation. SAN High Speed Interconnection Communication. 2002.2-2002.10. Project Director
- DeepSuper-21C Teraflops Supercomputer System, Built for ShenZhen University. 2002.1-2004.6. Principal Investor.
- Project from Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality. Ziqiang 2000 High Performance Cluster System SUHPCS.1999.8-2000.9. Principal Investor
- National Climbing Plan B. Network Parallel Supercomputer System THNPSC-1. 1998.9-1999.4 Principal Investor
- National High-Tech Research and Development Plan of China. HPF Compilation System. 1996.8-1998.6. Principal Investor
Grid Computing Related Projects and Grants
- National Nature Science Foundation of China Project. HXMT Science Ground Segment Prototype, 2007.1-2009.12, Grant No. 10778604. Principal Investor.
- National Nature Science Foundation of China. Contractor based Mechanism and Model to Support Grid Service QoS, 2006.1-2008.12 Grant No. 60503039, Project Director.
- National Fundamental Research 973 Program Fundamental Research on Improving the Reliability of Large Electric Power Grid, Subproject Research on the Distributed Computing Theory and Method of Large Electric Power Grid (2004.9-2009.9), Partner.
- European Commission (EC) Asia-Link Programme. EA-Grid: Euro-Asia United Establishment of Double Degree Master Programme in Grid Computing, 2005.12 -2006.12,Partner.
- National High-Tech Research and Development Plan of China, Simulation Application Grid .2005.1-2005.12, Grant No. 2004AA104330. Vice Project Director.
- IBM foundation. EzGrid:Research on Key Technology of Automatic Computing Grid. 2002.9-2003.12. Project Director
- Tsinghua University Basic Research Foundation. Grid Computing Model Research Based on Mini Grid System. 2001.11-2003.10. Project Director
- Key Project from Ministry of Education of China. Pilot Project of Advanced Computational Infrastructure Between Beijing and Shanghai. 2000.8-2001.6. Principal Investor
- Zhihui Du, et al. Grid Computing: Making the Global Infrastructure a Reality. By Francine Berman, Geoffrey C. Fox, Tony Hey. Wiley. Translating into Chinese. Publication of Huazhong University of Science and Technology. ISBN7-5609-3392-0 2005.6.
- Zhihui Du, Yu Chen, Peng Liu,Grid Computing，Tsinghua University Publication，ISBN 7-302-05939-X, 2002.10. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, MPI Parallel Programming, Tsinghua University Publication，ISBN: 7-302-04566-6, 2001.8. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du（chief editor）, Peng Liu and Yu Chen (associated chief editor), Practical Programming in XML，Tsinghua University Publication，2002.12. ISBN:7-900643-85-0. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du（chief editor）, Peng Liu and Yu Chen (associated chief editor), Practical Programming in JSP，Tsinghua University Publication，ISBN:7-900643-51-6, 2002.9. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du（chief editor）, Peng Liu and Yu Chen (associated chief editor), Practical Programming in Java 3D，Tsinghua University Publication，ISBN:7-900643-65-6, 2002.11. In Chinese
High Performance Computing Related Papers
- Zhihui Du, Huan Wang, Feng Yang, Sanli Li. Pattern Based Parallel Model to Decide Suitable-Grained Parallelism for Cluster Computing. Proceedings of the Joint DCABES and ICPACE. August 2005.CMS Press, University of Greenwich, UK. Pages:191-194.
- Yang, Feng; Du, Zhihui; Tang, Ruichun. Design of a virtual interface architecture based on IA-64. Journal of Tsinghua University. Vol 46. No. 4. Pages:576-579. In Chinese.
- Zhihui Du. GSAD Algorithm for Cluster System. Journal of Tsinghua University, Vol. 43, No.4, Pages:487-490,2003, In Chinese
- Feng Yang, Zhihui Du, Ziyu Zhu and Runchun Tang. Analysis of an IA-64 Based High Performance VIA Implementation. Current Trends in High Performance Computing and Its Applications. Proceedings of the International Conference on High Performance Computing and Applications, August 8-10, 2004, Shanghai, P.R. China. Springer. Pages:563-569
- Zhihui Du, Gang Wang, Peng Liu, Yu Chen, Sanli Li, Baicheng Liu.Parallel Search Algorithm based on Cluster system - A quick method to resolve large discrete partial differential equations. Mini-Micro System, Vol.24, No.1, Pages:1-4. In Chinese.
- Zhihui Du, Yu Chen, Ziyu Zhu, Haofei Liu, Chao Xie, Sanli Li. LogP Analysis of User Level Network Cluster System. 2002 International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Applications to Business, Engineering and Science. Wuhan University of Technology Press, Pages:280-285
- Zhihui Du, Liantao Mai, Ziyu Zhu, Haofei Liu, Sanli Li. Overcoming the Cluster Communication Performance Bottleneck by Software. Mini-Micro System. Vol. 23, No.1, Jan. 2002. Pages:32-35, In Chinese.
- Zhu, Zi-Yu; Du, Zhi-Hui; Li, San-Lin.Testing and analyzing the performance of cluster under LogP model. Mini-Micro Systems, v 23, n 8, August, 2002, Pages:907-912. In Chinese
- Liu, HF;Du, ZH;Ma, QS;Chen, Y;Xie, C. Design and test of MVICH - Device layer of MPICH for VIA. International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Applications to Business, Engineering and Science(DCABES 2002), DEC 16-20, 2002,Pages:381-384
- Zhihui Du, Sanli Li, Mengyue Wu, Shuyou Li, Jing Zhu. Hybrid SPMD Simulated Annealing Algorithm and Its Application. Journal of Computers,Vol.24, No.1, Jan. 2001. Pages:91-98, In Chinese.
- Sanli Li, Zhihui Du, Qunsheng Ma, Xiaoge Wang. Network Parallel Supercomputer System THNPSC-1. Journal of Computers, Vol.24, No.6. June 2001, Pages:627-632, In Chinese
- DU Zhi-hui, DING Meng, LI San-li, LI Shu-you, WU Meng-yue, ZHU Jing. Massively Parallel SPMD Algorithm for Cluster Computing——Combining Genetic Algorithm with Uphill. The Second International Conference on Computer and Information Technology（CIT 2001）, September,2001, Shanghai, China . Journal of Shanghai University. Vol.5, Suppl. Pages:10-14
- ChenYu，Zhihui Du, Sanli Li，OS Kernel supported Fault Tolerant MPI. The 2nd Computer Information Technology International conference, Shang Hai, 2001.9. Journal of Shanghai University,Vol.5, Suppl.Pages:18-21
- Zhihui Du, Liantao Mai, Ziyu Zhu, Haofei Liu, Ruichun Tang and Sanli Li. Hardware Based TH-VIA User Level Communication System Supporting Linux Cluster Connected by Gigabit THNet. 2001 International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Applications to Business, Engineering and Science (DCABES 2001) Wuhan, P.R. China. October, 2001 . Hubei Science and Technology Press. Pages:134-138
- Li SY, Du ZH, Wu MY, et al. Parallel realization of simulated annealing algorithm: Modifications and applications, ACTA PHYS SIN-CH ED 50 (7) Pages: 1260-1263 JUL 2001. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, Sanli Li, Qunsheng Ma, Guiling Zhou, Peizhi Shi. Approaches to Performance Improvement and Experiments on a High Performance Cluster System THNPSC-1. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference/Exhibition on High Performance Computing in Asia-Pacific Region (HPCAsia 2000), Beijing, China. IEEE Computer Society Publications. Volume II, May 14-17,2000, Pages:984-989.
- Zhihui Du, Bo Wu, Peng Liu, Yu Chen, Xiaoge Wang, Sanli Li. Linpack and Linpack Benchmark. Computer Science, Vol.29, No.5, Pages:8-10. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, Sanli Li, Peizhi Shi. Multithreading Compilation for HPF Program Based on SMP Cluster System. Proceedings of The International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA’2000), June 26-29, 2000, Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. CSREA Press. Volume V, Pages:2473-2478
- Zhihui Du, Sanli Li, Shuyou Li, Mengyue Wu, Jing Zhu. Massively Parallel Simulated Annealing Embedded with Downhill—A SPMD Algorithm for Cluster Computing. IEEE International Workshop on Cluster Computing (IWCC’99), IEEE Computer Society Publications. Dec. 2-3 1999.Melbourne, Australia.Pages:297-302
- Zhihui Du, Sanli Li and Peizhi Shi. Parallel Out of Core Array Computation Supported in HPF. Proceedings of 3rd Workshop On Advanced Parallel Processing Technologies (APPT’99), Edited by Zhou Xingming, Xu Ming, Lou Siwei, Yang Xiaohui, October 19-21,1999 Changsha, China, Publishing House of Electronics Industry. Pages: 226-230
- S.Y.Li, Z.H.Du, M.Y.Wu, Jing Zhu and S.L.Li. On the Physical Application of Simulated Annealing Algorithm. Inter. J. Modern Phys. C.Vol.10, No.6 (1999.9) Pages:1065-1070
- Zhihui Du, Wenkui Ding, Gengbin Zheng, Xiaoming Li, Zhuoqun Xu. Research and implementation of an HPF compilation system. Journal of Software,Vol.10,No. 1, 1999, Pages:60-67. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, Jianping Wang, Xu Cheng, Zhuoqun Xu, Lixia Shi. A Tool for Monitoring and Profiling HPF Programs. Journal of Software， Vol. 10 No. 10, 1999, Pages:1091-1095. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, Zhuoqun Xu, Huashan Yu, Huanhui Zhao. Calculating the Contour Lines of Free NURBS Surface -- A Tracing Method Based on Extreme Points. Journal of Computers, Vol. 20 No. 4, April 1997. Pages:323-329. In Chinese
Grid Computing Related Papers
- Zhihui Du, Yinong Chen, Lei Wu, Suihui Zhu. Automatically Building Service Evaluation Metadata in a Grid Environment. The 2006 International workshop on Collaborative Computing, Integration, and Assurance. Gyeongju, Korea. April 27-28, 2006 Page(s):225 – 230
- Man Wang, Zhihui Du, Zhili Cheng, Suihui Zhu. A Pipeline Virtual Service Pre-Scheduling Pattern and Its Application in Astronomy Data Processing. Accepted by Simulation: Transaction of The Society for Modeling and Simulation International
- Zhili Cheng, Zhihui Du, Yinong Chen, Suihui Zhu, Man Wang. Optimizing Service Data Transmission in an OGSA Based Grid System. Accepted by Journal of Algorithms and Computational Technology
- Man Wang, Zhihui Du, Yinong Chen, and Zhili Cheng. A SOA Based Pipeline System to Deal with Astronomy Telescope Data. Second IEEE International Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE 2006), Shanghai,China. 25-26 October 2006. Pages:156-163
- Weihua Zhu, Zhihui Du, and Suihui Zhu. Dynamic Service Composition Based on Peer-to-Peer Network. Second IEEE International Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE 2006), Shanghai, China. 25-26 October 2006. Pages:205-209
- Xiaoying Wang, Zhuhui Du, Sanli Li. A User Satisfaction Based Multi-objective Optmization Method for Grid Task scheduling. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing, GCC'2006, October 2006. Pages:93-100.
- Zhili Cheng, Zhihui Du, Suihui Zhu and Man Wang. The Comparisons of Data Transfer Methods in an OGSA based Grid System. 2006 International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Applications to Business, Engineering and Science (DCABES 2006) Hangzhou, P.R. China .October 12--15, 2006. Pages:179-183
- Suihui Zhu, Zhihui Du,Xudong Chai. GDSA: A grid-based distributed simulation architecture. the International Workshop on Distributed Simulation on the Grid (DSGrid).Singapore, 16-19, May 2006. Cluster Computing and the Grid Workshops, 2006. Sixth IEEE International Symposium on.Volume 2, 16-19 May 2006 Page(s):66 – 66
- Huan Wang, Zhihui Du, Lei Wu, Shuihui Zhu, Erfan Shang. A Market-Oriented Model for Grid Service Management. Proceedings of First International Conference of Advances in Grid and Pervasive Computing. Taichung, Taiwan, May 2006. LNCS 3947. Pages:137-146
- Zhihui Du, Francis C.M. Lau, Cho-Li Wang, Wai-kin Lam, Chuan He, Xiaoge Wang, Yu Chen and Sanli Li. Design of an OGSA-Based MetaService Architecture. Grid and Cooperative Computing-GCC2004, LNCS 3251, 2004,Pages:167-174
- Zhu Weihua, Du Zhihui. Efficient HLA Simulation on the Grid. Proceedings of Asia Simulation Conference/the 6th International Conference on System Simulation and Scientific Computing.(ICSC’2005), International Academic Publishers. October 24-27, 2005 Beijing,Pages:1657-1661
- Shaomei Wu; Zhihui Du. GlobalStat: A Statistics Service for Diverse Data Collaboration and Integration in Grid. High-Performance Computing in Asia-Pacific Region, 2005. Proceedings. Eighth International Conference on.2005 Page(s):594 – 602
- Zhu, Sui-Hui , Du, Zhi-Hui; Lam, W.K. Design and application of contractual computing meta-service in grid environment. Chinese Journal of Computers, v 28, n 4, April, 2005, Pages: 486-494. In Chinese
- Shang, EF; Du, ZH; Chen, M. A model for locating services in grid environment, LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, 3033.2004. Pages: 706-709
- Shang Erfan, Du Zhihui. Efficient Grid Service Location Mechanism Based on Virtual Organization and the SMALL-WORLD Theory. Journal of Computer Research and Development. Vol.40, No.12, Dec.2003. Pages:1743-1748. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, Yu Chen, Peng Liu, Xiaoge Wang, Jiang Du, Niansheng Zhou. OGSA--A Service Based Grid Architecture. Computer Science, Vol.30, No.7, Pages:26-29. In Chinese
- Zhihui Du, Sanli Li, Yu Chen, Peng Liu, Zhenchun Huang, Chuan He, Xing Fang. Research on Grid Computing and Grid Prototype Implementation. Computer Science. Vol. 29, No.8, Pages:1-5, In Chinese.
"PIRE... provides our students with the kind of
direct international experience and training that will
prepare them for careers in an increasingly competitive
Dr. Modesto Maidique
President Emeritus, Florida International University
"PIRE...will enable the next generation of
students participants to become fully engaged as members of
the globally-aware IT workforce.""
Dr. Nicholas Bowen
Vice President of Strategy and Worldwide
Operations, IBM Research
"We look forward to hosting students researchers
... to foster our existing collaborations and create new
Mateo Valero Cortés
Director, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
"I was able to develop quite a bit as a person, researcher, and professional."
"Being able to learn elements directly related to my project, the likes and dislikes of another culture, and be able to communicate in a different language are all aspects related to the PIRE program for which I will always be grateful."
"It helps you build confidence that the degree you hold will enable you to tackle any problem, and, more importantly, it lets you experience the job before committing your life to it."